Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Autumn - camoe

Showing our Writing Process - Write Draft / Edit and Polish / Publish
Written Language - Cameo
Learning Intention: I am learning how to use appropriate and effective similes in my cameo writing.

Success Criteria:
I am able to find and highlight similes in a cameo and explain why they work.
I am able to write appropriate similes for objects in my cameo.

Here is an example: WINTER
Winter blows its cold breath everywhere.
The early morning frost greets you like being welcomed onto the marae.
The wind howls in the freezing air like a stray dog hungry for a bone.
Snowflakes flutter like leaves falling from autumn trees, covering the ground with a white sparkling blanket.
The trees become bare, brown bones standing like statues admiring the view.
Heavy rain falls from the sky like a thousand hooves pounding against the ground.
Chilly bitterness in the air, winter is here.
Here is my draft piece of writing!
 
                                              Autumn
The leaves make a colourful  blanket across the ground.
The leaves flutter to the ground like a piece of paper.(Do you need this one!!)
The leaves crunch under my feet as I run like a tiger.
Leaves skater everywhere in the wind.
Frost covering the ground slowly
Leaves flutter to the ground like a snowflake making a blanket.
The wind holes like a wolf that has lost it’s pack.
The trees stand like a statue.
Dew spotted everywhere like the spots on a spotty dog
Frost everywhere,  has finally come!!!!
Here is my published piece of writing
                                 Autumn

The leaves make a colourful  blanket across the ground.
The leaves crunch under my feet as I run like a tiger.
Leaves scattered everywhere in the wind.
Frost covering the ground.
Leaves flutter to the ground like a snowflake, making a blanket.
The wind howls like a wolf that has lost it’s pack.
The trees stand like a statue.
Dew spotted everywhere in the grass.
Frost everywhere has finally come!!!!
Autumn (1).jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment